Bridal Emergency Kit – 7 Must Haves on Your Wedding Day
For some of you, it’s almost here… your wedding day! You have the dress, the venue booked, invites have been sent out and you’ve sorted your shoes and accessories – oh, and the groom, of course!
Your wedding day will be one of the most beautiful and memorable days of your life. There’s a lot of effort that goes into making such a big event run seamlessly, and I’m a big believer in being as prepped as possible before you walk down the aisle, so you’ll be able to properly enjoy yourself!
Main image via Confetti Daydreams | 1. Australian Bush Flower Essence | 2. Gel Party Feet | 3. Nuts and snacks | 4. Sewing Kit | 5. Tissues or white handkerchief | 6. Stain removal sponge | 7. Headache tablets
Based on my own wedding, and my experiences with the beautiful women I get to work with every day, there are 7 things every bride should have handy on her wedding day, the ultimate bridal emergency kit!
- Bushflower Emergency Essence: The moments before you walk down the aisle can be a little nerve wracking, even though you know your handsome partner will be waiting at the other end. I love this calming combination of Australian bush flowers, to calm those wedding jitters!
- Gel Shoe Pads: Lovely ladies, I can’t stress enough how important it is to try out your wedding shoes before the big day! I could be seen traipsing around the house, doing everything from creating bespoke wedding pieces to vacuuming the floor in my heels in the lead up to my wedding day. Testing out your shoes will help you understand where they might rub, and what support you might need on the day. At the very least, get a pair of gel toe pads, to give you some cushion while you dance the night away with your new husband.
- A pretty tray of easy snacks: You won’t be hungry, but trust me, you will need to eat on your wedding day! My lovely bridesmaids and I snacked on nuts, fruits, cheese and crackers, all light snacks that wouldn’t leave us feeling heavy, but would make sure we had something in my stomach during all the excitement!
- Safety pins or a small sewing kit: Any last minute dress emergencies can easily be remedied with a needle and thread!
- A simple white handkerchief: Pop it into a clutch or give it to one of your bridesmaids to carry, in case of tears! Maybe they’ll be his… Your handkerchief can also be your ‘something blue’, with pretty monogram embroidery or lace accents.
- A stain removing sponge and/or white chalk: Although I’d recommend leaving putting your dress on until the absolute last minute, and using a makeup protecting cloth for your face, sometimes stains and marks can happen. You don’t want to be dabbing your dress with something wet, which may leave a mark, so one of those stain erasers is the perfect solution or rub a little white chalk to conceal any bits you can’t remove. Just be sure to test it on a hidden area first!
- Headache tablets: All that intense emotion can leave a girl a little overwhelmed, so have headache tablets on hand for wedding day emergencies. And of course, water…. often headaches are caused by dehydration so prevention is often better than the cure.
What else would you add to this wedding day checklist?