The art of choosing timeless bridal hair accessories
We’ve all been there. We’ve all oscillated between wanting timeless bridal hair accessories while also craving something a little different to capture who we are.
At the end of the day, we can have both. A timeless veil or headpiece can be styled in a way that feels unexpected yet chic. Two brides can wear the same combination of accessories and look completely different because of their unique perspective on pulling together their looks.
Your wedding day isn’t the day to be experimental but it also doesn’t need to be a day to play it too safe. If a denim jacket or pearl clutch purse at your reception calls your name, let this be the focal point of your look and choose simpler accessories to complement your hero piece.
Bridal trends will always exist but the art of choosing timeless bridal hair accessories comes down to a focus on quality, thoughtful design and beautiful timeless details.
Some important things to consider:
- Look to the silhouette, style and proportions of your dress and choose accessories that won’t take away from your gown but instead offer a unique element that takes your look to a different place. If your dress is simple, contrast it with a statement veil such as the Orchid or Night Garden veils to add a new point of interest.
- If you have always dreamed of a wearing a wedding crown and your gown features a V neckline, choose a tiara with a soft central peak to balance the V shape of your dress. A tiara like the Antoinette suits V necks and sweetheart necklines due to its soft scalloped silhouette.
- The silhouette of a simple long skirt can be elevated by accessorising your look with equally romantic floral details that will complement the fluidity of your train. The Claris veil is long, sheer and floaty. The perfect accompaniment to simple bridal looks.
- Look for any horizontal lines on your dress (waist line, off the shoulder neckline, hem line) and use this as a guide for choosing your veil. A ballgown dress with a strong waistline will pair beautifully with the Pepe waist length veil or the Amora long veil with a blusher that falls to the waist.
- Not too keen on a headpiece but also don’t want a long veil? The Mara pearl birdcage veil is the best of both worlds and suits simple or elaborate wedding gowns.
Less is often more. Choose one or two pieces that you adore and they will make you feel like magic.
Bridal hair accessories to fall in love with
Fall in love with these timeless looks that will elevate your look in an instant. Each piece can be customised to suit you, your wedding dress and bridal hairstyle.
Shop this look: HEPBURN chapel veil with bows
NEED STYLING ADVICE?
Need styling advice to bring together your bridal look? Get in touch with photos of your wedding gown and your favourite pieces from the collection. We would love to offer ideas and recommendations on pieces to suit, including how our pieces can be customised to suit you.
Looking for more inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest.