Simple wedding crowns for modern brides
A wedding gown will often set the tone for your bridal look. Whether the gown is heavily embellished, textured or accentuated by key focal points including ruffles, bows or a clean silhouette, sometimes simple wedding crowns and minimalist accessories are the ultimate details to complete your look.
You may have heard the phrase ‘less is more’ and this certainly rings try when it comes to wedding accessories. We recommend selecting key pieces that will bring out the best in your wedding dress, your personality and values. Simple doesn’t need to mean boring and understated headpieces or veils can still feature fine beading, clean lines and ornate elements that will surprise and delight you and your wedding guests.
Simple accessorise can make a big statement. Think simple pearl stud earrings for a look that speaks to classic refinement and sophistication. Equally, an unassuming headband or wedding crown conveys an effortless elegance and ease that still chic and utterly romantic.
Explore our favourite simple wedding crowns for the modern bride:
Shop this look: BLANCHETT tiara, MOSS headpiece
Our top tips for choosing timeless bridal hair accessories:
- Focus on quality, thoughtful design and beautiful timeless details.
- Look to the silhouette, style and proportions of your dress and choose accessories that won’t take away from your gown but instead offer a unique element that takes your look to a different place. If your dress is simple, contrast it with simple veil with ornate details such as the Orchid or Night Garden veils to add a new point of interest.
- If you have always dreamed of a wearing a wedding crown and your gown features a V neckline, choose a tiara with a soft central peak to balance the V shape of your dress. A tiara like the Antoinette suits V necks and sweetheart necklines due to its soft scalloped silhouette.
- The silhouette of a simple long skirt can be elevated by accessorising your look with equally romantic floral details that will complement the fluidity of your train. The Claris veil is long, sheer and floaty. The perfect accompaniment to simple bridal looks.
- Look for any horizontal lines on your dress (waist line, off the shoulder neckline, hem line) and use this as a guide for choosing your veil. A ballgown dress with a strong waistline will pair beautifully with the Pepe waist length veil or the Amora long veil with a blusher that falls to the waist.
- Not too keen on a headpiece but also don’t want a long veil? The Mara pearl birdcage veil is the best of both worlds and suits simple or elaborate wedding gowns.
Shop this look: FREYA bridal headband
Shop this look: FLEUR bridal crown
Shop this look: x bridal headband
Shop this look: HENRI bridal headband
Shop this look: RUBEN bridal headband
NEED STYLING ADVICE?
Need styling advice to bring together your bridal look? Get in touch with photos of your wedding gown and your favourite pieces from the collection. We would love to offer ideas and recommendations on pieces to suit, including how our pieces can be customised to suit you.
Looking for more inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest.
Shop this look: ISADORE bridal crown
Shop this look: BLANCHETT bridal tiara
- Wedding hair trials: 5 tips for perfect wedding hair
- How to secure a birdcage veil
- A crown for every queen: Choosing the right bridal crown
- How to choose earrings to match your wedding dress neckline
- The mother of all veils: Everything you need to know about cathedral veils