Untamed Tresses | Naturally curly wedding hairstyles
If you’re blessed with amazingly gorgeous naturally curly hair, this post is for you.
If you love your curly locks, there’s no reason why you can’t embrace them and have them on display for all to see on your wedding day. Curls are effortlessly romantic and offer a relaxed glamour like no other. But if you’re terrified of the humidity on your mid-summer time wedding day, or you’ve planned seaside nuptials, scroll down and you’ll find some inspiring updos, down styles and some pretty half updos which will frame and tame those curls beautifully.
So let’s put away the hair straightener, grab yourself a glass of wine and embrace those perfect curls.
1. Curly wedding updos
Photo credits: 1. Lauren Jackson Photography | 2. Robert and Kathleen Photography | 3. via Beauty High | 4. via Pinterest | 5. Troy Grover Photographers | 6. via Pinterest | 7. Adam Barnes Photography via Style Me Pretty
How to accessorise naturally curly wedding hair
When it comes to accessorising naturally curly hair:
- Less is more. A simple hair comb that doesn’t compete with the texture of your hairstyle will feel effortless and pulled together.
- Choose accessories that accentuate your curls. Scalloped lines on a lace trim, a hair comb with whimsical details or a narrow headband that frames the face.
- Natural flowers tucked around your bun will add a bohemian and romantic touch to your look.
- A traditional tulle wedding veil, with or without a lace trim, is a beautiful way to frame your hairstyle from behind without feeling over styled or fussy.
- The attachment on your accessories are important to ensure they will stay in place. Metal hair combs or a metal hair clip will feel more secure than hair pins. Hair pins can still be used but ensure they are reinforced with some bobby pins to stay in place.
Photo credits: 1. Amber Rose Hair and Makeup | 2. via Pinterest| 3. Dutch braid tutorial via Hair Romance | 4. via Pinterest | 5. via Pinterest
2. Loose curls and half up hairstyles
Photo credits: 1. Leezett Photography via Bula Bride | 2. via Pinterest | 3. via Tumblr | 4. Sarah Gawler Photography via Snippet & Ink | 5. Kellan Studios | 6. via Pinterest | 7. Half crown hair tutorial via Hair Romance